Boss Battle - Variation Boss Battle - Variation

The notation was done very well, it's a very musically sound piece. Unfortunately, the mixing just isn't quite there. There seems to be both high and low quality samples used in there, and without a proper mix-down, it seems more like multiple isolated melodic lines playing at the same time instead of sounding like a cohesive song. Don't take what I'm saying the wrong way though, I gave it 4.5 stars because I really enjoyed this song. I just think that with a little more attention spent on the final mix this song would be a solid 5.

camman007 responds:

I disagree, but respect your opinion. Perhaps the fact that I'm mixing with headphones could be a problem, but until I get a better speaker system it's what I have to use.

Shiver me Liver Shiver me Liver

Really enjoyable ditty. Reminds me of my drinking days, going out to the local pubs with my roommates (they were Irish brothers) and having a great time. Thanks for the memories.

acmeDyne responds:

Nice! I wish I could remember my drinking days.

That Cold Night 2.0 That Cold Night 2.0

This sounds like a raw version of a track that has yet to be mastered. Compared to a few of your previous songs I listened to, this just sounds thin and not very "present". Because of that it's hard for me to delve further into the song. One of the bummers of modern music, but it seems like you have to be bumping uglies with 0 db as much often as possible.

Crash and Burn Crash and Burn

I've never been a huge metal guy myself. My favorite song from In Flames is Leeches, I prefer Opeth's Damnation album to everything else, and I'm a fan of Killswitch Engage (As I'm not really a part of the metal scene I have no idea how much credibility any of that gains or loses for me). Having said that, I really enjoyed this track. I've always been a fan of concept albums as well, so I'll be looking forward to the other works in this story.

Dnman responds:

Thank you, I have the music for the songs done already. First and third song don't have lyrics yet though and I have to redo some of the lyrics in a couple songs to make them relate to the new theme better. So when I post the first song I'm also gonna say whats going on in story. It will be called Chasing a Dream, keep your eyes pealed. And Damnation is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Guitar Theme Guitar Theme

I think it would sound perfect with a nice airy pad for backing, and then add a wind instrument with a simple melodic lead. At least that's what my ears yearned for while listening to this, nice job.

AkselJ responds:

Thank you for your input! Sounds like a good idea, I'll experiment with that a bit. Really appreciate it. :D

--Aksel

Words for Alexandra Words for Alexandra

I'm sorry for your loss.

It was initially very jarring to hear such an emotional song from someone who had a hand in the "Meaty Boner" project, but that was only an initial reaction and the rest of my listening experience was very.... enjoyable?

I can completely empathize with the urge to pour your soul out into a piece of music. If there's such a thing as cosmic justice then perhaps Alexandra *will* be able to hear these words.